Im writing this post today for the One Room Challenge from a local tire store in Milton. My laptop is out being serviced for software problems and my to-do list this week is a mile long and I have no idea how I’ve managed to get everything done through the week so far (except groceries, we have no food right now). So, this post has to happen while I’m sitting and waiting for my winter tires to go on.
We’ve been informed that for the first time ever, the #oneroomchallenge is being extended by 1 week due to the amount of natural disasters that have happened down in the US over the last few months causing many delays for a lot of participants. My heart goes out to so many of those people that have been affected by these natural disasters. I cannot even begin to imagine the positions that many of you are in. <3
Here is what was accomplished this past week:
– finished painting the bedroom walls in my modified colour of Sherwin Williams ‘First Star’
– purchased Brenlo moulding for night stands and scheduled cabinet maker (he’s came today, eeee!!)
– picked up new light fixture from Union Lighting
– started purchasing styling products (candles, blankets, books, vases)
– called upholstery cleaning company and inquired about having the headboard cleaned
– purchased new duvet & searched for a coverlet (not sure if I want to do one…I’m having a hard time finding a blue coverlet in the shade I need)
Here is what is still on the to-do list for next week:
– prime and paint the night stands now that the moulding is attached. Look how pretty!!
– have the headboard cleaned
– visit my florist to reserve/order flowers for the reveal and photography
– install the new light fixture from Matteo
– decide on final styling and accessorizing*
* I’m trying to decide what to do above the dresser on the far right side of the room. The dresser came with a beautiful, French provincial mirror but I’m not sure if I want to see that large of a mirror over the dresser or if I want to find a smaller mirror – maybe something more modern – and keep that wall more simple. What do you guys think? I’m also wondering if I keep the large mirror that goes with the dresser if I should paint it out white to try and make it feel a little lighter as it looks top heavy to me.
Lighter walls and the “before” night stands sans moulding.
Details on my dresser. This was purchased a couple of years ago from my local Restore! It has a few areas that are a little roughed up but otherwise it’s in amazing shape and the finish is beautiful. I wanted to paint it out originally but I’ve decided this wood finish is just too gorgeous.
Gathering a bunch of styling products so I’m ready to pull the finished look together for photography scheduled on November 7th! The blankets are from Homesense Canada and I actually ordered a beautiful blue one from The Bay as well. You’ll have to wait until the reveal to see which one makes the cut!
Until next week…!